Site/Civil Engineer/Project Manager
|ID: 35927||Location: Job Vacancy|
|Discipline: Site/Civil||Posted Date: 12/27/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Site/Civil Engineer/Project Manager with land development focus to join its collaborative team in Lawrenceville, NJ. This individual will serve a key function in assisting with designing and permitting a variety of land development projects. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with cross functional teams in a continuous learning environment.
- Assist with designing and permitting a variety of land development projects, including commercial centers, residential developments, warehouse distribution centers, and mixed-use projects across the tri-state area;
- Local and related site/civil land development engineering design on both small and large projects;
- Design and oversee site layout, grading, drainage, infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, etc. from concept through completion;
- Report and proposal writing;
- Develop new clients for the firm and maintain relationships with existing clients; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required;
- Possess valid Professional Engineer licensure (can be NJ or other if reciprocity pursued);
- Possess 7 to 10 years of related site/civil land development experience; Knowledge of local city, county and NJ state land use processes and regulations;
- Site/civil experience on project sites from 2 acres to 30 acres+;
- Expertise in hydrologic/hydraulic analysis and design including SWPPP preparation and water quality compliance;
- Planning board and public testimony experience;
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of land development engineering including the integration of geotechnical and environmental engineering;
- Ability to interact well with coworkers, clients, and regulatory agencies;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or Civil 3D (preferred) skills with the ability to design site layouts from concept through completion;
- Participation in professional organizations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends; and
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.