Civil Engineer/Project Manager
|ID: 36303||Location: Job Vacancy|
|Discipline: Site/Civil||Posted Date: 12/27/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan has an opening for a Civil Engineer/Project Manager – 6 to 10 Years Experience with land development focus in our Miami, FL office location. The successful candidate will share our passion for technical excellence and will have related site/civil land development engineering design experience on both small and large projects. This role will assist with designing and permitting a variety of land development projects, including commercial centers, residential developments, warehouse distribution centers, and mixed-use projects. Individuals must possess an energetic and professional demeanor as well as strong technical and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required, Master’s degree a plus;
- Possess valid Professional Engineer licensure;
- Possess 6 to 10 years of related site/civil land development experience; senior level hires will possess an entrepreneurial demeanor and will participate in Business Development activities by developing new clients for the firm and maintaining relationships with existing clients;
- Knowledge of local city, county and FL state land use processes and regulations strongly preferred;
- Site/civil experience on project sites including ability to design and oversee site layout, grading, drainage, infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, etc. from concept through completion;
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of land development engineering including the integration of geotechnical and environmental engineering;
- Ability to interact well with coworkers, clients, and regulatory agencies;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or Civil 3D (preferred) skills with the ability to design site layouts from concept through completion;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in report and proposal writing;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.