|ID: 36461||Location: Irvine, CA|
|Discipline: Geotechnical||Posted Date: 12/27/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan has an opening for a Field Technician in our Irvine, CA office. The successful candidate will perform field and office work to support the Geotechnical discipline.
- Accomplish field inspection as it relates to logging of borings, earthwork, shallow foundations, ground improvement and deep foundations (i.e., augercast piles, driven piles or drilled shafts);
- Oversee and document residential grout monitoring for sinkhole remediation projects;
- Prepare daily field reports and ensure data sheets are accurate and up-to-date;
- Install and maintain seismograph vibration monitors and download data; assist with pre-construction conditions documentation; assist with preparation of monitoring reports;
- Maintain field equipment; troubleshoot as necessary; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Associate’s degree in Engineering Technology, Construction Management, or related field preferred; equivalent experience will be considered;
- Minimum of 5 years of related geotechnical field technician experience; LA Deputy Grading Certificate desired;
- Construction or technology related experience preferred (i.e., logging of borings, shallow foundation subgrade, earthwork (including Troxler certification) and deep foundation inspection experience);
- Experience in residential grout monitoring for sinkhole remediation projects;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends;
- Candidates must be able to spend 100% of their work hours in the field;
- Candidates must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds; and
- Local candidate only for work in the Southern California area.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.