|Discipline: Survey/Laser Scanning||Posted Date: 12/27/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Surveyor to join its collaborative team in our Cleveland, OH office. This individual will serve a key function in assisting with the reduction of field data and preparation of survey plans and CAD deliverables. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on small and large-scale projects including, but not limited to commercial, big box, warehouse, shopping center and residential projects.
- Reduces field data for preparation of surveys by importing raw field files and using calculated points for survey plan preparation in CAD;
- Provides research for survey projects, including deed, utility, roadway and subdivision map research;
- Calculates coordinate data for construction layout;
- Drafts surveys and other plans using CAD;
- Plots deeds and assists Project Surveyor in boundary resolution; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Minimum 5 years survey experience;
- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Carlson software with excellent computer skills;
- Ability to perform complex boundary analysis and maintain quality control of survey deliverables;
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team with various levels and types of management, staff, co-workers and clients;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field when necessary; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional nights and weekends.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.