|ID: 36801||Location: Cleveland, OH|
|Discipline: Traffic||Posted Date: 12/28/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Traffic Engineer to join its collaborative team in our Cleveland, OH office. This individual will serve a key function in performing traffic & parking studies, transportation planning studies, traffic event management studies, and traffic signal/roadway design projects. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work as part of an energetic, collaborative team of traffic engineers, working on exciting and meaningful projects across many different market sectors. Our work includes projects in professional and collegiate sports, healthcare, higher education, distribution, K-12, commercial, office, retail, mixed-use, and more. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to grow your career with Langan and develop your technical excellence, practical experience, and client responsiveness – the three elements that make up the Langan philosophy of service.
- Coordinate and perform the planning and permitting of traffic/transportation engineering, land development, and infrastructure projects;
- Complete all traffic analysis for traffic impact studies;
- Oversee field staff collecting traffic volume, road, and regulatory data;
- Conduct preliminary traffic reviews at the project concept stage to identify critical traffic-related issues;
- Apply knowledge and techniques of engineering and advanced mathematics;
- Write and/or review draft reports including traffic impact studies and parking studies;
- Use engineering equipment and design software (SYNCHRO, HCS, etc.) to prepare engineering and design documents with proficiency;
- Prepare draft proposals and review draft invoices and project budgets in collaboration with team members;
- Lead tasks associated with the preparation and modification of various engineering documents including reports, specifications, plans, cost estimates, and designs for projects;
- Supervise or coordinate the work of staff engineers, interns, and others who assist in specific assignments as needed;
- Coordinate and perform field inspection services, as needed; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering;
- FE/EIT certification, apply for PE exam upon meeting requisite experience;
- 3 to 6 years’ experience in traffic/transportation engineering, traffic impact studies, traffic signal warrants, parking studies, driveway & roadway design, and traffic signal design;
- Familiarity with township, City, and PA and/or OH state permitting;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; effective public speaking skills;
- Experience with HCS, SYNCHRO and the MUTCD is required;
- Ability to oversee, coach, and train entry level and coop student staff;
- Reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Ability to occasionally travel and participate in field work; and,
- Ability to work overtime during evening and/or weekends, as needed by project schedule.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.