Cyber Security Engineer
|ID: 36861||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: Information Technology||Posted Date: 06/21/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to join its collaborative Information Technology department at its Parsippany, NJ office. As the Cyber Security Engineer, you will be responsible for the protection and security of Langan’s network and information systems. You will also contribute to the development of new policies and procedures, systems, and methodologies to address vulnerabilities, implement safeguards that prevent intrusions and breaches, and effectively plan and execute security measures and maintain compliance. This person will have the opportunity to serve as an internal information security advisor and subject matter expert to the organization on various security initiatives.
- Support the overall vision and strategy of the Information Security department by assisting in overseeing and implementing the corporate cybersecurity program;
- Establish, plan, and recommend appropriate information security guidelines, processes, policies, and procedures, contributing to and developing cybersecurity strategies that are tailored to Langan and that encompass the firm’s data, systems, hardware, components, and networks;
- Implement security measures across Langan’s IT infrastructure through firewalls, software solutions, custom scripts, custom tools, and data encryption technologies, ensuring Langan’s data and network is effectively protected. Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements;
- Consult with IT staff to ensure security is factored into the evaluation, selection, installation, and configuration of hardware, software, business applications, and systems;
- Provide technical administrative security support for all versions of Windows Operating Systems, Cisco AMP, Cisco Umbrella, and other software areas as required to provide support in IT operations. Integrate and administer multi-factor authentication (MFA) and single sign-on (SSO) solutions;
- Mitigate threats preemptively through monitoring of network, server and system alerts, and logging received from monitoring utilities (e.g. Arctic Wolf, Paessler, Meraki). Work closely with Managed Risk provider to maintain and support its on-premises detection technology and SIEM;
- Monitor and maintain internal control systems to ensure that appropriate information access levels and security clearances are maintained. Protect digital files and information systems from unauthorized access. Enhance Data Protection and enterprise Data Loss Prevention technologies and procedures for on-premises and Cloud Services;
- Handle trouble tickets and respond to, investigate, and develop tactical response procedures for and where appropriate, escalate reported cyber-attacks and security incidents;
- Monitor and report on emerging risk and compliance with organizational security policies, including the enforcement of policies within the IT department;
- Prepare and provide written analyses and presentations on firm specific cybersecurity risks and industry trends; and
- Maintain, support, and coordinate corporate User Security Awareness Training programs. Prepare technical reports for IT senior management. Administrative duties such as system reports, communications with associated departments, and team support as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, IT, or related subject;
- More than two years of experience in a cyber security engineer or similar role, including intrusion prevention, incident detection, incident response, and computer forensics; Strong understanding of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, incident management, and cryptography;
- Expert knowledge of security industry standards and best practices including NIST, ISO, CSA, CIS etc. Detailed understanding of the TCP and IP protocol suites and ability to dissect and explain the contents of traffic and packets;
- Experience with and knowledge of hardware and software, networks, data centers, systems and other related arenas related to cyber security; Excellent understanding of technology infrastructures using Meraki Firewalls, Office 365 Security, VSX, and Endpoint Security, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy, and Security Audits;
- Experience with Java, C++, Ruby, Python, Node, Go, and/or Power Shell;
- Ability to work autonomously, or within the larger IT team depending on assignment/requirements;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, and to communicate network security issues to peers and management;
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills, problem solving capabilities, and adeptness to addressing issues and complications preventively;
- Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques; Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols; and
- CISSP, CISM or equivalent qualifications preferred.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.