Environmental Project Scientist, Geologist, or Environmental Engineer
|ID: 36943||Location: New York, NY|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/28/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Engineer, Scientist or Geologist in our New York, NY office. As the successful candidate, you will have 6 to 10 years of environmental consulting experience conducting Phase I’s/Phase II’s, drilling supervision, sampling, well installation, construction/remediation oversight, report and work plan writing. In addition, possession of a strong technical education, self-motivation, leadership qualities, and excellent written & verbal communication skills are required.
- Bachelor degree in Environmental Engineering or Geology (Master’s degree a plus);
- Professional licensure for engineers or geologists preferred;
- 6 to 10 years of related local (New York State and/or New York City) environmental experience with knowledge and understanding of local environmental regulations a must;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction, work independently and in a team environment;
- Experience in preparing field documentation, project specifications and reports;
- Strong communication and report writing skills;
- Working knowledge of computers and AutoCAD design software, GIS a plus;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification; and
- Availability to work overtime.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.