|ID: 37101||Location: Austin, TX|
|Discipline: Traffic||Posted Date: 12/28/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Traffic Engineer to join its collaborative team in Austin, TX. This individual will serve a key function in performing traffic & parking studies, transportation planning studies, traffic event management studies, and traffic signal/roadway design projects. In this role, you will have an opportunity to fuel Langan’s growth in the Texas market, with the backing of a well-established firm.
- Coordinate and perform the planning and permitting of traffic/transportation engineering, land development, and infrastructure projects;
- Complete all traffic analysis for traffic impact studies;
- Oversee field staff collecting traffic volume, road, and regulatory data;
- Conduct preliminary traffic reviews at the project concept stage to identify critical traffic-related issues;
- Apply knowledge and techniques of engineering and advanced mathematics;
- Write and/or review draft reports including traffic impact studies and parking studies;
- Use engineering equipment and design software (SYNCHRO, HCS, etc.) to prepare engineering and design documents with proficiency;
- Prepare draft proposals and review draft invoices and project budgets in collaboration with team members;
- Lead tasks associated with the preparation and modification of various engineering documents including reports, specifications, plans, cost estimates, and designs for projects;
- Supervise or coordinate the work of staff engineers, interns, and others who assist in specific assignments as needed;
- Coordinate and perform field inspection services, as needed; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering;
- EIT licensure;
- 4+ years of experience in traffic planning and road, intersection, and traffic signal design;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple clients and projects and to develop and manage project budgets;
- Experience with HCS, SYNCHRO, and the MUTCD is required; Knowledge of AutoCAD and MicroStation are a plus;
- Ability to coach and assist with the management of staff;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing. Ability to occasionally travel and participate in field work.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.