Senior Land Survey Technician / Party Chief
|ID: 37104||Location: New York, NY|
|Discipline: Survey/Laser Scanning||Posted Date: 12/28/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Senior Survey Technician/Party Chief to join its collaborative team in New York City. The successful candidate will share our passion for merging the art of science and mapping. This individual will serve a key function in leading a survey crew in topographic, boundary, utility surveys and construction layout. In this role, you will be responsible for collecting field data and information related to the preparation of survey maps and CAD files and also have the ability to draft and prepare survey maps form the acquired field data. The surveyor will focus on small and large-scale land development projects including, but not limited to commercial, big box, power centers and residential properties.
- Manage a two (sometimes three) person field crew;
- Communicate and collaborate with project managers to establish project goals, and provide daily updates regarding project status;
- Collect field data for preparation of surveys by using surveying equipment and software;
- Effectively use reports, maps, drawings, engineering plans and aerial photographs to assess project needs and assist in project approach;
- Establish and recover survey control and monumentation, perform construction layout, obtain sewer invert and subsurface utility information and photo documentation of the project area;
- Apply knowledge and techniques of surveying and advanced mathematics;
- Maintain survey equipment and initiate repairs when necessary;
- Remain current on surveying practices, guidelines and best practices; attend internal training and external lectures to expand knowledge and skills;
- Recommend new approaches and ideas that continuously improve efficiency and services performed;
- As necessary, assist with office tasks including, but not limited to CAD drafting, data download, deed and map research and filing; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma; undergraduate-level courses in Survey or related field a plus;
- Minimum of 5 years prior experience in the surveying field;
- Proficiency in Carlson; AutoCAD or Civil 3D software a plus;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, organizational and judgment capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with co-workers and managers;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Availability to travel overnight for select projects; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.