Environmental Engineer, Geologist, or Scientist
|ID: 37144||Location: Job Vacancy|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/28/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking an Environmental Engineer, Geologist, or Scientist to join its collaborative Parsippany, NJ office. This individual will serve a key function in site exploration activities including, but not limited to contaminated site investigation and remediation work; soil and groundwater sampling; vapor intrusion investigation; remedial investigation, design, implementation, and monitoring; pilot tests; data management, processing, and evaluation; and report preparation. A strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology or related field, Master’s is a plus;
- Minimum 3.0 GPA;
- 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification is a plus;
- FE/EIT certification for engineers is a plus;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment, and problem-solving capabilities;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and AutoCAD design software, GIS is a plus;
- Ability to spend at least 50% of working hours in the field;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for remote job site locations; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
Please include resume, cover letter, and unofficial academic transcripts.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.