Senior Software Developer
|ID: 37341||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: Information Technology||Posted Date: 12/28/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join its collaborative team in Parsippany, NJ. This individual will serve a key function in applying their software programming expertise into technology advanced business solutions with responsibility for full software development lifecycle of assigned projects; In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with team members on local projects in a continuous learning environment.
- Collaborate with employees and management to identify application development solutions, new applications, or modifications to existing programs;
- Design, build, support, and test reusable components to create complex systems;
- Create logical, organized and efficient front-end code that works seamlessly across platforms and browsers;
- Analyze, design, implement and modify desktop software applications and web sites to support business requirements and code reuse;
- Define systems work scope and recommend the most efficient and cost effective application programming solution;
- Integrate software into the SQL database, present software solutions to client groups and participates in code reviews;
- Provide backup to guide junior developers as needed;
- Follow Software Development Lifecycle practices using Waterfall methodology;
- Provide expertise to system users including troubleshooting issues, as well as identifying and correcting inefficiencies;
- Remain abreast of technological advances in the field and be able to identify areas of use in the firm;
- Work on multiple project timelines simultaneously;
- Communicate with the project team throughout all stages of design;
- Provide input on development solutions; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field;
- 6+ years of experience in object-oriented programming with .NET, C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Entity Framework, Angular and LinQ;
- Experience with designing advanced SQL queries, stored procedures, and triggers to improve operating efficiencies;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities; and
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.