Environmental Scientist, Geologist, Engineer or Hydrogeologist
|ID: 37381||Location: Cleveland, OH|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/28/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking an Environmental Scientist, Geologist, Engineer or Hydrogeologist to join its collaborative team in Cleveland, OH. This individual with serve a key function in providing field services for construction and site remediation projects, including performing field tests and collecting field samples (including soil, soil gas, and groundwater), monitoring complex construction and remediation projects, compiling daily reports, and preparing written applications, reports, and other documentation for submittal to clients and regulatory agencies. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic group of environmental professionals on exciting regional and nationwide projects, with ample opportunity for travel across the Midwest and surrounding areas. The Cleveland, OH office offers an excellent opportunity for career growth, cross-discipline training, and a flexible workplace.
- Assist with the planning and execution of field investigations by logging borings, collecting samples, performing field tests, and collecting and recording data;
- Monitor construction projects by taking various tests to evaluate whether the contractor or subcontractor has complied with job specifications;
- Identify and implement solutions to both routine and more complex field and/or laboratory problems and accurately documents results. Communicate with supervisor on any problems encountered on project sites;
- Prepare reports documenting field investigations and analytical results;
- Prepare a variety of standard logs and field forms (such as drilling logs, field investigation dailies, and chain of custody logs);
- Assist in preparation of reports and workplans by learning regulatory requirements; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, or Environmental Engineering, or related;
- Entry to 6 years of experience;
- Knowledge of groundwater flow and LNAPL/DNAPL behavior;
- Field experience including soil gas/soil/groundwater sampling;
- Knowledge of Ohio and Pennsylvania environmental regulations;
- Current OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification preferred;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment, and problem-solving capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work in a team environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills;
- Ability to work in the field approximately 50% of the time, which requires lifting and moderately strenuous activity;
- Working knowledge of computers and GIS modeling and mapping;
- Reliable transportation to access remote job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends as well as some overnight travel.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.