Project Geologist, Hydrogeologist, Environmental Engineer, or Scientist
|ID: 37404||Location: Philadelphia, PA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/28/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Project Geologist, Hydrogeologist, Environmental Engineer, or Scientist to join its collaborative team in Philadelphia, PA. This individual will serve a key function in conducting engineering research and analysis, as well as complex analyses of broader engineering and environmental projects. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a diverse team of top-notch professionals in a variety of geographic areas and regulatory programs and to collaborate and learn from our multi-disciplinary team of site/civil, geotechnical, survey, and landscape architect professionals on landmark land development projects. We support lifelong learning, career progression, and engagement in outside professional organizations.
- Perform complex analyses for specific portions of broader engineering and environmental projects;
- Demonstrate increasing competency in a combination of areas including field supervision, technical knowledge, and project management. Has a thorough understanding of the company’s policies and procedures specific to area of expertise;
- Develop task and project budgets and schedule and perform task and project administrative activities, including preparing progress reports and reviewing project billings;
- Supervise field activities. Responsible for making correct interpretations of findings. Ensure that data collection and laboratory analyses are completed correctly, within budget, and on time;
- Assist in planning schedules and developing tasks and project budgets. Prepare progress reports and draft change orders;
- Perform and manage multiple projects and tasks within specific budgets, schedules, and deadlines. Monitor budgets, schedules, and project timelines. Minimize write-offs by keeping projects on budget.
- Prepare draft invoices, project billings, and assist in payment collections.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or related:
- 6 to 10 years of related PA/NJ experience with environmental investigations and remediation projects;
- Professional licensure or ability to obtain one within a year;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of PADEP, NJDEP, CERCLA, RCRA, MGP and superfund regulations;
- Ability to effectively manage projects from concept through completion;
- Willingness and ability to identify new client opportunities;
- Ability to manage and communicate effectively with staff, contractors, clients, and managers;
- Office experience related to scheduling, technical report writing, and lab coordination;
- Demonstrated ability to organize, implement field work, and provide initial field training to new team members;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment, and problem-solving capabilities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and multi-tasking skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and related environmental software; AutoCAD and/or GIS a plus;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for job site locations and client meetings; and
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.