Senior Environmental Project Manager
|ID: 37445||Location: Seattle, WA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/28/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Senior Environmental Project Manager to join its collaborative team in Seattle. This individual will serve a key function in managing environmental projects, preparing technical proposals and reports, supervising field investigations and laboratory analyses, as well as manage staff and develop new clients and business opportunities. In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide technical expertise in the Pacific Northwest within a growing region and become a key player in Langan’s growth in the Pacific Northwest.
- Manages environmental projects. Accurately interprets findings, confirming that data collections and lab analyses are completed correctly, timely and on budget;
- Leads the preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, and designs for projects;
- Performs complex analyses for specific portions of broader engineering projects. Has technical knowledge necessary to perform complex analyses;
- Assists in planning schedules and developing tasks and project budgets. Prepares progress reports and draft change orders;
- Performs and manages multiple projects and tasks within specific budgets, schedules, and deadlines. Monitors budgets, schedules, and project timelines. Minimizes write-offs by keeping projects on budget;
- Prepares draft invoices, project billings, and assists in payment collections;
- Remains well-versed of all Langan services for internal coordination, cross-selling and overall project coordination purposes;
- Responsible for visiting existing and potential clients and attending business meetings. May make initial contact with potential clients and work with existing and potential clients to develop long-term client relationships;
- Participates in the identification and pursuit of new clients, prepares proposals, learns to develop additional work within an existing project and attends business development meetings with new and existing clients. Involved in contractual negotiations under the direction of Associate, Senior Associate or Principal;
- Interacts extensively and builds strong relationships with client, contractor or subcontractor representatives. Demonstrates a strong commitment to customer service and responsiveness to client needs;
- Coaches, trains, and motivates project staff. Supervises and is responsible for performance management aspects of staff, including conducting performance review meetings, providing performance feedback and recommendations for improvement and mentoring for professional growth; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Geology or Science;
- 15+ years of related Pacific Northwest experience in contaminated sites investigation, engineering feasibility studies, remedial and mitigation system design and construction oversight for urban in-fill projects, including experience with chlorinated solvents, petroleum hydrocarbons, fuel additives, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, emerging contaminants and heavy metals;
- Washington and Oregon Professional licensure or the ability to obtain within 1 year;
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements, including in-depth knowledge and understanding of Washington and Oregon regulations, CERCLA and RCRA;
- Willingness and ability to identify new client opportunities and develop business;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and clients;
- Ability to develop and manage project budgets;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.