Senior Site/Civil Project Engineer or Manager
|Discipline: Site/Civil||Posted Date: 12/28/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Senior Site/Civil Project Engineer or Manager to join its collaborative team in San Francisco, CA. This individual will serve a key function in leading and supporting design and permitting efforts for a variety of land development projects. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work top industry leadership in a continuous learning environment.
- Designing and permitting of residential, institutional, commercial centers, warehouse distribution centers, and mixed-use projects for both public and private clients;
- Work closely with office leadership to develop growth plans and ensure staff utilization;
- Possess an entrepreneurial demeanor and will participate in Business Development activities by developing new clients for the firm and maintaining relationships with existing clients;
- Site/civil experience on a variety of project sites including the ability to design and oversee site layout, grading, drainage, infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, etc. from concept through completion;
- Expertise in storm water management design, hydrologic/hydraulic analysis and design and SWPPP preparation;
- Experience in technical and proposal writing. Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of land development engineering including the integration of geotechnical and environmental engineering; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required;
- Possess a valid Professional Engineer license;
- Possess 10 to 20 years of successful, local and related site / civil engineering experience with a concentration in land development on both small and large projects;
- Strong client development and client management abilities;
- Proficiency of AutoCAD or Civil 3D (preferred);
- Active participation in professional organizations;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment, and to mentor staff engineers;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities; and
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.