|ID: 37724||Location: San Jose, CA|
|Discipline: Geotechnical||Posted Date: 07/20/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking an Engineering Technician to join its collaborative team in either San Francisco, Oakland, or San Jose, CA. This individual will serve a key function in providing field testing, and collection field data, monitoring complex constructions related projects, and compiling daily reports. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with top industry leadership in a continuous learning environment.
- Perform field inspections as it relates to logging of borings and test pits, earthwork, shallow foundations, ground improvement and deep foundations (i.e., augercast piles, driven piles or drilled shafts);
- Prepare daily field inspection reports and ensure data sheets are accurate and up-to-date;
- Install and maintain seismograph vibration monitors and download data; assist with pre-construction conditions documentation; assist with preparation of monitoring reports;
- Maintain field equipment; troubleshoot as necessary; and
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate; an Associate’s degree or college courses in science, engineering, or related fields are highly desirable;
- Minimum 2 years of related geotechnical field technician experience;
- Construction or technology related experience preferred (i.e., logging of borings, foundation subgrade/bearing zone inspection, earthwork and Nuclear Gauge certification);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends; and
- Candidates must be able to spend 100% of their work hours in the field.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.