|Discipline: Geotechnical||Posted Date: 12/28/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan has an opening for a Geotechnical Engineer in our Philadelphia, PA office. This individual will serve a key function in providing assistance with the planning and execution of field investigations, observation of complex foundation and earthwork construction activities, identifying and implementing field and lab work solutions, and preparing logs and reports. Responsible for performing routine and complex geotechnical engineering analyses, preparation of geotechnical engineering reports, and plans and technical specifications for contract document packages.
- Assists with the planning and execution of field investigations and office assignments. Tracks task and project budgets;
- Observes complex earthwork and foundation construction project work. Monitors conformance to the plans and specifications. Prepares NCR reports. Addresses problems in the field with sound engineering knowledge and judgment;
- Identifies and implements solutions to both routine and more complex field problems and documents them accurately, keeping project managers informed of problems encountered during work assignments;
- Performs field tests and collects and records data;
- Prepares standard logs and field forms;
- Use firm’s field testing equipment as part of construction and earthwork monitoring, including using a nuclear gauge;
- Performs routine and complex geotechnical and foundation design and geo-structural calculations; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering;
- 3 to 5 years of related geotechnical experience;
- FE/EIT certification preferred;
- Minimum of 2 years of field experience with geotechnical investigations and construction inspection;
- Desired field experience in: earthwork oversight, driven and drilled pile construction, footings subgrade and backfill inspection, and excavation support system design and construction inspection;
- Office experience with investigation coordination and assisting in geotechnical report writing;
- Experience with neighboring structure monitoring during construction a plus;
- Experience in assisting project manager with field work coordination and project management support a plus;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multi-tasking and judgment capabilities;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation for job site or client locations;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and
- Fieldwork is required.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.