Senior Project Scientist
|ID: 37823||Location: Philadelphia, PA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/28/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan has an opportunity for a Senior Project Scientist in our Philadelphia, PA office. This individual will serve a key function and will be responsible for managing environmental and industrial hygiene projects, preparing technical proposals and reports, and supervising field investigations and laboratory analyses. In addition, you will have the opportunity to supervise and mentor staff. With this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team, the Regulated Building Materials national practice, that executes a wide variety of environmental, health, and safety projects for diverse market sectors. Your career growth with Langan will only be limited by your drive and your passion for success!
- Performs complex analyses for specific portions of broader engineering and environmental projects;
- Supervises field activities and ensures correct interpretations of findings. Ensures that data collection and laboratory analyses are completed correctly, in accordance with regulatory requirements and client and Langan expectations, within budget, and on time;
- Manages and delivers multiple projects and tasks within specific budgets, schedules, and deadlines meeting client and Langan expectations. Prepares progress reports and draft change orders. Prepares draft invoices, project billings, and assists in payment collections;
- Effectively organizes, writes and edits draft proposals, reports and other documents;
- Participates in the identification and pursuit of new clients, learns to develop additional work within an existing project and attends business development meetings with new and existing clients;
- Provides direct oversight and management of junior staff for specific project assignments. Coaches, trains, and motivates staff assigned to Environmental projects. Participates in interviewing and hiring staff;
- Coordinates other work groups within the same or different office locations and/or within the same or different disciplines on an as-needed basis;
- Interfaces effectively, and professionally with clients, contractors, subcontractors, staff, project personnel, supervisors and others. Actively participates in internal and external technical presentations and produces written articles for internal and external publications; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Geology or Environmental Science;
- Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology or Environmental Science preferred;
- CIH and/or CSP preferred ;
- Licensure/Certification Requirements:
- State Asbestos Inspector and Project Monitor;
- State Licensed Lead Inspector;
- Related licenses in other states and additional licenses (Lead Risk Assessor, Asbestos Designer) are considered a plus;
- 10+ years of relevant work experience;
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements in environment, health, and safety, regulated building materials, and industrial hygiene;
- Knowledge of quantitative/technical analyses and related software;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Strong customer service skills and responsiveness to client needs;
- Ability to work well individually and within groups;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to effectively multi-task and manage multiple clients and projects;
- Experience developing and managing project budgets;
- Ability to sit at computer for long periods of time;
- Ability to perform field work for extended work shifts up to 12 hours;
- Ability to effectively manage, mentor, and coach staff;
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally, as needed;
- Possess reliable transportation to travel to job sites with a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.