|ID: 37829||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: Landscape Arch + Plan||Posted Date: 08/09/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking an entry level Landscape Architect to join our collaborative team in Parsippany, NJ. This individual will serve a key function in assisting with the planning, design, and permitting of land development and infrastructure projects. In this role, you will have the opportunity to support a diverse portfolio of waterfront design, urban revitalization and streetscape, smart growth planning, community design, retail and commercial site planning, healthcare and university campus design, rooftop gardens, green infrastructure, and brownfield redevelopment assignments.
- Assist with the planning, design, and permitting of land development and infrastructure projects using design and graphic software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Land F/X, Sketch Up, Lumion, Adobe suite of programs, Bluebeam, the Adobe suite of programs, site lighting software, and other equipment to prepare landscape architecture deliverables;
- Perform zoning, ordinance, and permit assessments, site analysis services and photography, and assist with determining the feasibility of projects based on the analysis of collected data;
- Assist with the preparation and modification of various design and landscape architecture related documents including conceptual and technical design plans, plan view and perspective renderings, specifications, construction schedules, cost estimates, and reports for projects;
- Provide field observation and construction administration services such as reviewing and responding to contractor requests-for-information, submittals and shop drawings, plant selection and tagging at nurseries, and preparing punch list reports;
- Collaborate with team members on project tasks and assignments; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture;
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA;
- 0-3 years of relevant internship or professional experience in Landscape Architecture design, including site planning, grading, stormwater management, drainage, planting, irrigation, lighting, soil improvement, and soil erosion;
- Individual must be highly creative and possess computer skills in AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Lumion, Photoshop, and Illustrator;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Teams, Word, Excel and Office;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Must be willing to work in the field as necessary, and possess reliable transportation for job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Familiarity with current local, state, and federal land use permitting processes;
- Experience working on landscape architecture design and permitting in New Jersey and NYC is desired; and
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment.
Please submit portfolio along with cover letter, resume, and references.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.