Help Desk Technician
|ID: 37831||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: Information Technology||Posted Date: 12/28/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Help Desk Technician to join its collaborative team in Parsippany, NJ. This individual will serve a key function in providing assistance with installation, operation, configuration, and customization of assigned products, as well as uninstalling/installing software applications, resolving username and password issues, verifying proper hardware and software setup. In this role, you will have the opportunity to serve as the initial point of contact to our user community.
- Initial point of contact for the help desk via telephone, e-mail, chat, and video for technical support;
- Provide technical support by identifying, analyzing, and troubleshooting end user issues;
- Track, monitor, and document help desk issues through a ticketing system to ensure a timely resolution;
- Install and configure computers, software, and peripherals using established standards;
- Make our clients a primary focus by developing and maintaining productive customer relationships;
- Offer alternative solutions where appropriate and escalate complex problems as needed;
- Travel to satellite offices on a rotational schedule to provide on-site support; and
- Perform other duties in support of the IT department as requested.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree, IT-related coursework, or a 2-year technical degree preferred;
- Minimum 1 year of prior related internship or work experience;
- Must be available to work on an on-call schedule from 8pm to 8am for one week every two months;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and strong technical knowledge of current Windows operating systems required;
- Must have excellent customer service skills with the ability to empathize and professionally troubleshoot and resolve customers’ issues;
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills with high attention to detail;
- Ability to work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends and ability to drive to branch office locations as needed;
- Knowledge of network troubleshooting, including connectivity issues;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities; and
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.