|ID: 37882||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/29/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Senior Environmental Chemist with 5 to 10 years of experience for either our Parsippany, NJ or NYC offices. This individual will play a key role in providing environmental data management and analysis.
- Evaluate environmental laboratory analytical data for compliance with method and program/project QA/QC requirements following national and regional regulatory requirements and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Review SOPs and analytical methods for correctness and applicability;
- Complete and submit validation reports;
- Maintain communications with Laboratories on requirements for data delivery;
- Develop procedures and workflows for streamlining processes and enhancing efficiency;
- Develop and utilize data validation tools in Excel, Access and SQL to identify data quality issues;
- Provide technical support to field sampling teams and act as a liaison between the project staff, analytical laboratory and data management analysts; and
- Research state and federal regulations necessary to manage action levels or clean-up criteria.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Physical Science or Engineering required;
- 5 to 10 years of experience within environmental services, either analyzing samples for analytes or validating data in either a commercial or regulatory setting;
- Strong understanding and experience in laboratory procedures and QA/QC processes;
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and communication of these requirements amongst project teams;
- Review and validate chemical data packages in accordance with state and federal guidance;
- Knowledge of NYSDEC, NJDEP and PADEP regulations, a plus;
- Development of project Work Plans and Quality Assurance Project Plans;
- Human health risk assessment experience a plus;
- Develop and utilize data validation tools in Earthsoft EQuIS to identify data quality issues;
- Experience using MS Excel or EQuIS to manipulate and organize data sets for import into a database and for final reporting;
- Knowledge of NJ/NY Regulations, CERCLA and RCRA a plus;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem solving capabilities;
- High initiative, superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to work under pressure within tight schedules; and
- Availability to occasionally travel to other offices.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.