Design Technologies Specialist
|ID: 37883||Location: Houston, TX|
|Discipline: CAD||Posted Date: 12/29/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Design Technologies Specialist to join its collaborative CAD team in Houston, TX. This individual will play a key role in providing front-line, advanced level technical support for AutoCAD and Civil 3D and other engineering technologies. In this role, you will also have the opportunity to assess firm-wide CAD training needs, and design, develop, and implement CAD and site/civil custom training.
- Responsible for the design, development, delivery and facilitation of Firm-wide AutoCAD software training, including the development and maintenance of training materials and examples, and the AutoCAD certification program;
- Collaborate with Senior Applications Engineer and Design Technologies Manager on the oversight of Firm-wide CAD standards; proactively identify opportunities and implement solutions to maximize end-user efficiency and effectiveness;
- Provide front line, advanced level technical support for AutoCAD, Civil 3D and other engineering technologies, with a focus on customer service and responsiveness. Must be readily available by phone or email to answer technical software questions, diagnose software issue or assist end-users in other ways;
- Work with engineering project teams to provide BIM coordination and oversight, evaluate engineering design, and determine conflicts. Perform Quality Assurance/Quality Control for design teams on complex engineering projects;
- Document the answers to common technical support questions and identify solutions to issues. Author white papers to promote proper application of design technologies. Update and maintain the contents of the CAD Support Wiki and other online resources to ensure that relevant information can be found easily;
- Recommend new approaches and ideas that continuously improve efficiency and services performed;
- Provide guidance to staff on engineering technology and associated Firm-wide advancements in design technologies; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture required;
- FE/EIT certification required, PE license a plus;
- 4 to 6 years of related site/civil land development experience;
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D with the ability to troubleshoot software issues;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Professional demeanor, strong technical skills, and a desire to learn; and
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.