Site/Civil Project Engineer/Project Manager
|ID: 37985||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: Site/Civil||Posted Date: 12/29/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Site/Civil Project Engineer/Project Manager to join its collaborative team in Parsippany, NJ. This individual will serve a key function in leading and supporting design and permitting efforts for a variety of land development projects, more specifically water and wastewater distribution systems and pump stations including wastewater treatment facilities. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with top industry leadership in a continuous learning environment.
- Designing and permitting of water and wastewater components for residential, institutional, commercial centers, warehouse distribution centers, and mixed-use projects for both public and private clients;
- Working closely with office leadership to develop growth plans and ensure staff utilization;
- Possessing an entrepreneurial demeanor and participating in Business Development activities by developing new clients for the firm and maintaining relationships with existing clients;
- Site/civil work on a variety of project sites including the ability to design and oversee site layout, grading, drainage, infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, etc. from concept through completion;
- Demonstrating experience in all aspects of land development engineering including the integration of geotechnical and environmental engineering; and
- Performing other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required;
- Possess a valid Professional Engineer license;
- Possess 7+ years of successful, local and related site / civil engineering experience with a concentration in land development on both small and large projects;
- Strong client development and client management abilities;
- Expertise in water and wastewater design, hydraulic analysis and design;
- Experience in technical and proposal writing. Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Proficiency of AutoCAD or Civil 3D;
- Active participation in professional organizations;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment, and to mentor staff engineers;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities; and
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.