|ID: 37990||Location: Austin, TX|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 01/14/2022|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Geologist to join its collaborative team in Austin, TX. This individual will serve a key function in providing field services for construction and site investigation projects, including performing field tests and collecting field data, monitoring complex construction related projects, and compiling daily reports. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work autonomously as an outward facing representative of Langan’s Environmental sector in Texas, fueling the growth of Langan’s Environmental discipline.
- Assists with the planning and execution of field investigations by performing field tests, collecting samples, collecting and recording data, and performing routine calculations;
- Monitors complex construction projects by taking various tests to evaluate whether contractor or subcontractor has complied with job specifications;
- Identifies and implements solutions to both routine and more complex field and/or laboratory problems and accurately documents results. Communicates with supervisor on any problems encountered on project sites;
- Prepares reports documenting field investigations and analytical results;
- Prepares a variety of standard logs and field forms (such as drilling logs, field investigation dailies, and chain of custody logs);
- Identifies and implements solutions to both routine and more complex field problems and document them accurately, keeping project manager informed of problems encountered during work assignments;
- Leads tasks associated with the preparation and modification of various engineering documents including reports, specifications, plans, cost estimates and designs for projects;
- Supervises or coordinates the work of staff engineers, interns and others who assist in specific assignments as needed; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology or Science, Master’s degree preferred;
- 2-4 years of work-related experience;
- Hazwoper Certification, maintenance of annual physical and respirator fit test, annual Hazwoper 8 hr. re-certification, as required;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task effectively;
- Excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to work well individually and within groups;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Understanding of code requirements;
- Ability to oversee, coach and train staff;
- Ability to occasionally work during evenings and/or weekends;
- Ability to travel to various job sites and spend most, if not all, of the work day on-site and meet with clients, as-required; and
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.