Site/Civil Project Manager/Engineer
|ID: 38001||Location: New Haven, CT|
|Discipline: Site/Civil||Posted Date: 12/29/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Site/Civil Project Manager/Engineer to join its collaborative team in New Haven, CT. This individual will serve a key function in designing commercial, federal, and institutional land development engineering projects. Successful candidates will possess prior land development engineering experience and interest in career growth and development.
- Effectively design and manage all aspects of land development projects from concept through completion;
- Perform and oversee site design including layout, grading, drainage, utility infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, etc. from concept through design and permitting, and to completion;
- Write and review draft reports, including feasibility studies, stormwater management reports, and technical specifications;
- Perform and manage multiple projects and tasks within specific budgets, schedules, and deadlines. Plan, schedule and develop task and project budgets. Prepare progress reports, draft proposals and change orders, and project billings;
- Work with Langan’s other in-house disciplines to deliver integrated and coordinated project deliverables;
- Availability to work overtime as needed; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering;
- 6 to 10 years of successful land development engineering experience. Experience in Connecticut preferred including design and permitting experience;
- Possess a valid Connecticut Professional Engineer license;
- Strong client development and client management abilities. Assist with seeking out new business opportunities and develop additional clients while maintaining project workload;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage projects from concept through construction documents and administration;
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of land development engineering, including the integration of geotechnical and environmental engineering;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment, and to motivate, mentor and lead others;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Expertise in hydrologic/hydraulic analysis and design including stormwater pollution prevention and water quality compliance;
- Strong working knowledge of Civil3D and AutoCAD and stormwater modeling;
- Demonstrated ability to work with staff, clients, and regulatory agencies;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation to job site or client locations.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.