|ID: 38104||Location: Doylestown, PA|
|Discipline: Landscape Arch + Plan||Posted Date: 12/29/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Landscape Architect to join its collaborative team in Warrington, PA. This individual will serve a key function in providing assistance with the planning, design and permitting of landscape architecture, land development and planning projects. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on integrated design services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Our current project list includes a diverse portfolio of urban revitalization and streetscape, retail and commercial projects, school and university design, healthcare clients, smart growth planning, community design, rooftop and courtyard projects, and brownfield redevelopment assignments.
- Assists with the planning, design and permitting of landscape architecture, civil engineering, land development and infrastructure projects using design, engineering and graphic software (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Sketch Up, Photoshop, Illustrator, and equipment to prepare landscape architecture and design documents;
- Performs zoning, ordinance and permit assessments, and assists with determining the feasibility of projects based on the analysis of collected data;
- Assists with the preparation and modification of various design and engineering documents including reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, cost estimates and design plans for projects;
- Assess soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and topographical and geologic data and their impact on the planning and design of projects using reports, maps, drawings, design and engineering plans, tests, and aerial photographs;
- Provides field inspection services, as needed; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture;
- 1-3 years prior experience preferred, or related internship experience;
- Demonstrated passion for design excellence and the challenges of creating inspiring places in urban environments;
- Individual must be highly creative and possess exceptional computer skills in Adobe Suite, Sketchup, and AutoCAD;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work in a team environment;
- Possess reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends; and
- Position will be primarily based in the Warrington office, with the ability to travel and work from other office locations on occasion.
Please provide resume, cover letter and portfolio of work samples with application.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.