|ID: 38142||Location: Arlington, VA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/29/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Industrial Hygienist to join its collaborative team in Arlington, VA. This individual will serve a key function in performing hazardous building materials surveys and abatement monitoring; performing duties as field representative, including: site explorations, assist with writing abatement specifications, design plans, and management plans; performing field tests; collecting field data and samples; monitoring construction sites, and compiling data and preparing reports. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work autonomously as an outward facing representative of Langan’s Hazmat sector in Virginia, fueling the growth of Langan’s Environmental discipline.
- Perform surveys and project monitoring of environmental and building abatement projects relating to asbestos, lead based paint, PCBs and other contaminants. Determines presence of hazardous materials and the appropriate remediation solution;
- Investigate indoor air quality concerns and assesses water intrusion and mold impacts to buildings;
- Analyze the project site and implement high-quality solutions to both routine and more complex field and/or laboratory problems;
- Prepare proposals by incorporating scientific knowledge to determine cost estimates and specifications for abatement/remediation services;
- Assist with the preparation and modification of various scientific documents including reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, cost estimates and design plans for projects;
- Conduct environmental sampling of soils, water, dust and indoor air as needed;
- Prepare reports documenting field investigations and analytical results;
- Responsible for monitoring services including overseeing abatement/remediation contractors performing work, documenting abatement/remediation work, conducting post abatement/remediation visual inspections and clearance/re-occupancy air or other applicable sampling;
- Assist other work groups within the same or different office locations and/or within the same or different discipline on an as-needed basis; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology or Science;
- Licensure/Certification Requirements:
- State Asbestos Inspector and Project Monitor, supervisor, management planner, and or project designer;
- State Licensed Lead Inspector Or Risk Assessor;
- State licensure in VA, MD, DC, DE, West VA, and other states considered a plus;
- Minimum of 3 years of work related experience;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work well individually and within groups;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work during evenings and/or weekends; and
- Ability to travel overnight for multiple days at a time.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.