Cyber Security Engineer
|ID: 38186||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: Information Technology||Posted Date: 12/29/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to join its collaborative Information Technology department at its Parsippany, NJ office. As the Cyber Security Analyst, you will be responsible for the protection and security of Langan’s network and information systems. In this role, you will have the opportunity to serve firm-wide as an internal information security subject matter expert on various security initiatives.
- Evaluate current security measures in place as well as vulnerabilities;
- Continuously monitor Langan’s IT infrastructure and seek out ways to enhance the company’s network security;
- Collaborate with network team on recommended improvements;
- Research emerging trends and new security technologies;
- Review policies and procedures; and
- Conduct security training and testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, IT, or related subject;
- Hands-on experience in a cyber security analyst or similar role;
- Knowledge of security industry standards and best practices;
- Ability to work autonomously, or within the larger IT team depending on assignment/requirements;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and to communicate network security issues to peers and management;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Self-motivated, adaptable, and dependable;
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills, problem solving capabilities, and adeptness to addressing issues and complications preventively; and
- Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques; thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.