Site/Civil Senior Staff Engineer
|ID: 38201||Location: Boston, MA|
|Discipline: Site/Civil||Posted Date: 12/29/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Site/Civil Senior Staff Engineer to join its collaborative team in Boston, MA. This individual will serve a key function in assisting with the planning, design and permitting of civil engineering and land development and infrastructure projects. In this role, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in site/civil engineering design for mixed-use developments, shopping centers, residential, higher education, federal, and other exciting land development projects.
- Assist with the preparation and modification of various engineering documents including reports, specifications, design plans, and cost estimates for projects using engineering and design software (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, etc.) and equipment;
- Understands how to utilize reports, maps, drawings, engineering plans, tests, and aerial photographs to assess soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and topographical and geologic data and their impact on the planning and design of projects;
- Perform zoning, ordinance and permit assessments, assists with the sitework cost estimations, and determine the feasibility of projects based on the analysis of collected data;
- Be knowledgeable of local and state land use processes and regulations;
- Participation in local professional organizations is encouraged;
- Collaborate with team members on project tasks and assignments;
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Minimum 3.0 GPA;
- Master’s degree a plus;
- 3-6 years’ experience in site/civil design, including site planning, grading, stormwater management, drainage, and soil erosion is desired;
- FE/EIT certification required; PE license a plus;
- Demonstrated Civil 3D skills with the ability to design site layouts including grading and drainage designs from concept through completion;
- Demonstrated skills in hydrologic/hydraulic analysis and design including stormwater pollution prevention and water quality compliance;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and,
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation to job sites
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.