Software Systems Engineer
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/29/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Software Systems Engineer to join its collaborative team in Phoenix, AZ. This individual will serve a key function in working closely with clients during workshops to review current business processes and systems, guiding clients through the change management process, evaluating software systems, designing and enhancing software solutions, training system users, and coordinating system maintenance and related support activities. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help our clients transform their business functions by applying digital technology solutions.
- Provide support to develop and document system requirements.
- Execute rapid development of new data and analytic work tracks with fast iteration over quick sprints.
- Provide support in breaking down business problems into solvable components by assessing the requirements and/or business implications to arrive at recommended solutions, with minimal supervision.
- Help execute the development of new concepts and proof of concept designs.
- Utilize a multidisciplinary approach to data analytic problems combining technical expertise with analytics and business knowledge.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts and business partners on embedded cross functional teams and develop subject matter expertise in the business as well as systems engineering.
- Leverage “agile” software engineering for systems implementation.
- Promote an environment that supports innovation and process improvement.
- Participate in the development of project based research data files, information platforms or data spaces designed for exploring and understanding the data.
- Participate in the development of prototypes for business or research data solutions (dimensional models, model builds) so that business users or predictive modelers may visually understand and explore a new feature or functionality before implementation to expose design assumptions and drive ideation.
- Demonstrate high degree of analytic agility to meeting fluid and dynamic business needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field required; Master’s degree a plus;
- 1 to 5 years of experience in software implementations or management consulting (software certifications a plus);
- Experience in working in collaborative, virtual, and global work environment;
- Exceptional problem-diagnosis and problem-solving skills;
- Experience with software engineering;
- Experience with designing advanced SQL queries, stored procedures, and triggers to improve operating efficiencies;
- Experience creating offline-first progressive web apps;
- Experience in full-stack development;
- Experience in mobile application development a plus;
- Detailed working knowledge of software development lifecycle;
- Ability to write and work with RESTful APIs and data formats including JSON and XML;
- Awareness of multimedia EHS compliance;
- Ability to quickly develop a rapport with clients and maintain strong customer service skills and responsiveness to the client throughout the project;
- Ability to communicate to a technical and non-technical audience;
- A valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekends and ability to travel up to 30% of time.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.