Environmental Project Scientist, Geologist, or Environmental Engineer
|ID: 38544||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/29/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan has an opening for an Environmental Engineer, Scientist or Geologist in our Parsippany, NJ office. This individual will serve a key function in conducting Phase I’s/Phase II’s, sampling, and report/work plan writing. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with team members in a continuous learning environment with opportunity for advancement.
- Assist with the preparation of technical reports, specifications, and plans;
- Data management and evaluation, environmental assessment and remediation;
- Conduct Phase I’s/Phase II’s, drilling supervision, sampling; and
- Well installation, construction/remediation oversight, and report/work plan writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering or Geology (Master’s degree a plus);
- 6 to 10 years of related local (New York State/New York City and New Jersey) environmental experience with knowledge and understanding of local environmental regulations;
- FE/EIT certification or professional licensure for engineers;
- Working knowledge of computers and AutoCAD design software, GIS a plus;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification;
- Strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation access to remote job site locations; and
- Availability to work overtime as needed.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.