|Discipline: CAD||Posted Date: 12/29/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a full-stack Applications Developer to join its collaborative CAD team in our Parsippany, NJ corporate headquarters. This individual will perform a variety of duties including requirements gathering, analysis and design, writing code, debugging, documentation, maintenance and support under the supervision of experienced developers.
- Design and implement programming solutions to solve complex problems and increase efficiency of business processes through automation;
- Analyze, design, implement and modify desktop software applications and web sites to support business requirements and code reuse;
- Build software components that interact with various engineering applications such as AutoCAD, Revit and ProjectWise;
- Collaborate with employees and management to identify application development solutions, new applications or modifications to existing programs, capability to reuse existing code or integration of purchased solutions;
- Define, design, build, support and test reusable components to create complex systems;
- Perform research to explore and learn new technologies as they apply to projects;
- Provide expertise to system users including troubleshooting issues, as well as identifying and correcting inefficiencies; and
- Clearly define systems work scope and recommend the most efficient and cost effective application programming solutions.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science;
- 4+ years of experience developing web and desktop application in VB.NET or C#;
- Experience working with SQL Server, Entity Framework, source control, SQL Server, HTML5, MVC, WPF, WebAPI, OAuth2 workflows, JQuery, and Xamarin;
- Object-oriented analysis and design;
- A solid understanding of common design patterns and algorithms, including asynchronous programming and multithreading;
- Familiarity with the principles and best practices of software development;
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and APIs;
- Experience working with AutoCAD, ProjectWise, and Revit is desired;
- Excellent problem solving and effective communication skills; and
- The ability to work independently or in a small development team.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.