GIS Solutions Engineer
|ID: 38709||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: GIS||Posted Date: 12/29/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a GIS Solutions Engineer to join its collaborative team in Parsippany, NJ. This individual will serve a key function in developing applications for our growing base of web, mobile and desktop environments; designing, developing and implementing systems to support existing and future software applications and customized client web sites. In this role you will have the opportunity to be a part of a development team creating modern applications for both internal and external users.
- Support internal operations across Langan by helping project teams improve workflows;
- Solve problems by creating and proposing technical solutions;
- Collaborate across internal teams and external clients, showing how GIS enhances business value;
- Stay current on the latest technologies and industry best practices; and
- Promote the GIS team throughout Langan by giving demos, presentations and training to technical and non-technical users.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related discipline;
- Demonstrated experience with Esri products, 10.x or higher including ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Portal and Configurable Apps;
- Solid understanding of applications architecture and best practices for code development and deployment;
- Geo processing tool creation and server-side development experience with Python (ArcPy) or C# .NET (Web API) desired;
- Understanding of modern development tools such as version control, NodeJS/NPM, debugging, virtual environments, build systems, unit testing frameworks desired;
- Knowledge of Esri field apps (Survey123, Field Maps) and Cloud experience with Azure or AWS desired;
- Deep learning/GeoAI and ArcGIS AppStudio/Qt desired;
- Experience developing responsive and mobile-ready web applications using React and SQL/ArcSDE/Enterprise Geodatabase experience;
- Proven organization and problem solving skills;
- Must be able to formulate and clearly communicate ideas to others, including those who have only a basic knowledge of GIS;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.