Senior Geotechnical Project Engineer or Manager
|ID: 38843||Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL|
|Discipline: Geotechnical||Posted Date: 10/25/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Project Engineer or Manager to join its collaborative Florida team in Fort Lauderdale. This individual will serve a key function in providing geotechnical engineering expertise through geotechnical analysis and design, and efforts that support management of projects, supervision of staff engineers, and interfacing with clients. In this role, you will have an opportunity to fuel Langan’s growth in the Broward and Palm Beach County areas, with the backing of a well-established firm.
- Perform complex analyses, structural design of pile elements and underpinning systems, and special engineering inspections;
- Prepare technical documents and manage the preparation of the proposals, reports, construction documents, and construction-related correspondence associated with the projects managed;
- Supervise field investigations, and conventional earthwork and foundation construction activities;
- Perform and manage multiple projects and tasks within specific budgets, schedules, and deadlines. Plans, schedules and develops task and project budgets. Prepare progress reports, draft change orders, draft invoices, and project billings;
- Interacts extensively and builds strong relationships with client, contractor or subcontractor representatives. Demonstrates a strong commitment to customer service and responsiveness to client needs;
- Participates in the identification and pursuit of new clients, prepares proposals, develops additional work within an existing project, and attends business development meetings with new and existing clients. Involved in contractual negotiations under the direction of Associate, Senior Associate or Principal; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering; Master’s degree with Geotechnical emphasis;
- Possess valid Florida Professional Engineer licensure;
- 15+ years of related experience in geotechnical engineering;
- Strong understanding of codes and other regulatory requirements;
- Knowledge of quantitative/technical analyses and related software;
- Portable nuclear density gauge certification and annual re-certification, as required;
- Hazwoper Certification, maintenance of annual physical and respirator fit test, annual Hazwoper 8 hr. re-certification, as required;
- Possess an entrepreneurial and professional demeanor, as well as strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills;
- Desire and ability to seek out new business opportunities and develop additional clients while maintaining project workload;
- Track record of developing and maintaining clients;
- Ability to coach and assist with the management of staff;
- Demonstrated ability to work with staff, clients, and regulatory agencies; and
- A collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal and social skills.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.