CAMPUS: Cyber Security Cooperative Education or Internship Opportunity - Spring/Summer 2022
|ID: 38901||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: Information Technology||Posted Date: 10/27/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a spring/summer (January – August) 2022 Cyber Security Cooperative Education Student or Intern to join its collaborative Information Technology discipline in Parsippany, NJ. This individual will serve a key function in researching and documenting cybersecurity best practices and tools. In this role, you will have the opportunity to gain practical experience working on Information Technology cyber security projects for an engineering consulting firm.
- Research emerging trends and new security technologies;
- Evaluate current security measures in place;
- Collaborate with network team on recommended improvements;
- Review policies and procedures; and
- Conduct security training and testing.
- Student actively pursuing a four year or advanced degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field;
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Ability to provide an outstanding work product with strong attention to detail;
- Ability to proactively organize, prioritize, and multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication skills; and
- Self-motivated, adaptable, and dependable.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and unofficial academic transcripts.
Langan does not provide housing or relocation assistance for internship/co-op positions.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.