|ID: 39061||Location: Denver, CO|
|Discipline: Geotechnical||Posted Date: 12/29/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join its collaborative team in our Denver office. This individual will serve a key function in the preparation of technical reports, specifications, plans, designing foundations, retaining walls, and other geotechnical aspects of construction. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with top industry leadership in a rapidly growing office.
- Perform field inspections of geotechnical and foundation projects;
- Responsible for engineering analysis of common geotechnical engineering problems;
- Assist in preparation of geotechnical engineering reports and other project documents;
- Accurately document and communicate with supervisor on any problems encountered on project sites; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- 0 to 3 years’ related work experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required; Master’s degree with Geotechnical specialty or desire to pursue is preferred;
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0;
- Possession of a strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn;
- Related geotechnical internship experience;
- EIT Certification, or current registration for the FE exam;
- Must be willing to spend the majority of work hours in the field;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Possess reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Availability to work overtime.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.