Geotechnical Project Engineer/Manager
|ID: 39065||Location: Peterson, UT|
|Discipline: Geotechnical||Posted Date: 12/29/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Geotechnical Project Engineer/Manager to join its collaborative team at our project site in Peterson, Utah. This individual will serve a key function in assisting with the planning and execution of field investigations, observation of complex foundation and earthwork construction activities, identifying and implementing field and lab work solutions, and preparing logs and reports. The individual will also be responsible for performing routine and complex geotechnical engineering analyses, preparation of geotechnical engineering reports, and plans and technical specifications for contract document packages. In this role, you will have the opportunity to join a small but strategically growing team with accelerated room for growth.
- Assists with the planning and execution of field investigations and office assignments. Tracks task and project budgets;
- Observes complex earthwork and foundation construction project work. Monitors conformance to the plans and specifications. Prepares NCR reports. Addresses problems in the field with sound engineering knowledge and judgment;
- Identifies and implements solutions to both routine and more complex field problems and document them accurately, keeping project managers informed of problems encountered during work assignments;
- Performs field tests and collects and records data;
- Performs routine and complex geotechnical and foundation design and structural calculations;
- Leads the execution of tasks associated with the preparation and modification of various engineering documents including reports, specifications, plans, cost estimates, and designs for projects;
- Reviews the work product prepared by staff;
- Supervises or coordinates the work of staff engineers, interns and others who assist in specific assignments as needed; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering preferred;
- Professional Engineer licensure or ability to obtain within 1 year of employment required;
- 4+ years of related geotechnical experience;
- Prior experience with geotechnical investigations and construction inspections;
- Office experience with investigation and field work coordination, geotechnical reports, and specification writing;
- Prior field experience in: earthwork, driven and drilled pile construction, load testing, footings subgrade and backfill inspection, ground improvements, retaining wall design and construction, and excavation support system design and inspection;
- Desired software knowledge: gINT, Slide/SLOPE/W, PLAXIS, LPILE, GRLWEAP, MSEW, SHAKE;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.