|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/29/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking an Environmental Engineer to join its collaborative team in our Parsippany, NJ office. This individual will spend a majority of the time in the field with occasional time in the office and will serve a key function in working on small-scale and large-scale environmental construction projects that involve Environmental, Geotechnical, or Site/Civil Engineering. In this role, you will have cross-disciplinary opportunities working in a continuous learning environment.
- Assists with the planning and execution of field investigations by logging borings, collecting samples, performing field tests and collecting and recording data;
- Monitors construction projects by taking various tests to evaluate whether the contractor or subcontractor has complied with job specifications;
- Identifies and implements solutions to both routine and more complex field and/or laboratory problems and accurately documents results. Communicates with supervisor on any problems encountered on project sites;
- Prepares reports documenting field investigations and analytical results. Prepares a variety of standard logs and field forms (such as drilling logs, field investigation dailies, and chain of custody logs);
- Learns data management and modeling tools for environmental media, how to perform engineering analyses, and how to properly use field equipment; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology, or related field;
- 1 to 3 years of work-related experience;
- Strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation access to remote job site locations; and
- Availability to work overtime as needed.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.