Environmental Scientist, Geologist, or Hydrogeologist
|ID: 39324||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/29/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking an Environmental Scientist, Geologist or Hydrogeologist to join its collaborative team in its Doylestown, PA, Bethlehem, PA, Philadelphia, PA, Lawrenceville, NJ or Parsippany, NJ office. This individual will serve a key function in performing environmental site investigation and remediation: collecting field data and samples including soil and groundwater sampling; performing remediation design, implementation, and monitoring; pilot tests; managing data; and preparing reports and work plans. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on a team remediating contaminated sites with a focus on both former and active industrial properties in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- Primarily office-related position supporting the project team on proposals, coordinating field projects and support for the final deliverable;
- Assist with the planning and execution of field investigations by logging borings, collecting samples, performing field tests, and collecting and recording data;
- Monitor construction projects by taking various tests to evaluate whether the contractor or subcontractor has complied with job specifications;
- Identify and implement solutions to both routine and more complex field and/or laboratory problems and accurately documents results;
- Prepare reports documenting field investigations and analytical results;
- Prepare a variety of standard logs and field forms (such as drilling logs, field investigation dailies, and chain of custody logs);
- Assist in preparation of reports and workplans by learning regulatory requirements; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Geology, Hydrogeology or related field;
- 5-8 years’ experience in the industry
- Related environmental experience, internship, or thesis experience;
- Excellent understanding and experience with New Jersey (required) and Pennsylvania (preferred);
- Knowledge of groundwater flow, soil characteristics, and remedial technologies;
- Working knowledge of computer software, AutoCAD design software, and GIS;
- A valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation required to access remote job site locations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and
- Ability to work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.