|ID: 39423||Location: San Francisco, CA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/29/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking an Environmental Hydrogeologist to join its collaborative team in our Oakland or San Francisco, CA office. This individual will serve a key function in analyzing physical and chemical subsurface data, performing hydrogeological studies, developing hydrogeologic conceptual site models, developing numerical groundwater flow and transport models, designing/managing/analyzing aquifer tests, conducting water resources evaluations and evaluating groundwater remediation alternatives. A strong technical background and knowledge of regulations governing water resources and groundwater remediation, and the ability to interpret and apply the regulations is a plus. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work under senior hydrogeologists and engineers and collaborate with team members, senior management, and clients.
- Perform hydrogeological analyses for specific portions of broad engineering and environmental projects;
- Develop and use computational groundwater models to evaluate groundwater flow, and fate and transport of contaminants using graphical user interfaces such as GMS;
- Assist in providing litigation support services for expert witness projects, or similar;
- Collect soil, soil vapor, indoor and ambient air, sediment, surface water, and groundwater samples; log soil boring lithology and install groundwater monitoring wells;
- Observe subcontractor scope implementation;
- Manage and interpret laboratory analytical data, analyze and interpret environmental data through preparation and review of trend graphs, isoconcentration maps, groundwater gradient maps, data tables, and similar data visualization deliverables;
- Prepare technical correspondence, reports, work plans, and other deliverables
- Assist with acquisition of and compliance with regulatory agency permits to support site investigation and remediation;
- Review and interpret environmental, geological, and historical records to support environmental due diligence and environmental litigation projects;
- Manage tasks, time and technical progress; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Hydrology, Hydrogeology, Geology or related field required. Master or doctoral degree strongly preferred;
- 1 to 3 years of experience in environmental consulting or other relevant field;
- Advanced understanding of hydrogeology, groundwater modeling (including contaminant flow and transport), site, soil and groundwater remediation, aquifer testing and water quality studies;
- Professional certification preferred or ability to attain certification (including EIT or GIT);
- Knowledge and understanding of California and Federal environmental regulations, including CERCLA and RCRA is a plus;
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks;
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, contractors, clients and managers;
- Experience writing technical reports;
- Ability to implement field work;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organization and multi-tasking skills;
- Working knowledge of MODFLOW and associated modules under various graphical user interface platforms, and related environmental software (AutoCAD, GIS, and/or EVS is a plus), and MS Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office programs;
- Possess reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Local candidates preferred.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.