Environmental Engineer, Geologist or Scientist
|ID: 39604||Location: Los Angeles, CA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/29/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking an Environmental Engineer, Geologist or Scientist to join its collaborative team in our Irvine or Los Angeles, CA office. This individual will serve a key function in supporting the team with Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), environmental site characterization and remediation work; soil, groundwater, and air sampling; remedial investigation, design, implementation, monitoring and reporting; data management, processing and evaluation; and technical report preparation. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work cross-collaboratively as part of a rapidly-growing team with a strong project pipeline in contaminated site assessment and remediation.
- Perform field inspections and environmental investigations;
- Perform air, soil, gas, groundwater sampling and remediation of contaminated properties;
- Field oversight of remediation activities and subcontractors;
- Assist with the preparation of technical reports, specifications, and plans; data management and evaluation; and environmental assessment and remediation; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering, or Environmental Science; Master’s degree a plus;
- 5 to 8 years of experience with environmental investigations, remediation, project management and reporting;
- Strong technical writing skills and experience in preparing Phase I and II ESA reports;
- Field experience related to groundwater, soil, soil gas, and indoor air sampling as well as drilling is desired;
- Demonstrated ability to organize, implement field work, and provide initial field training to new team members;
- Knowledge of state Voluntary Remediation Programs and federal RCRA and CERCLA regulations;
- Prior experience supervising or coordinating work for staff, interns, and others who assist with specific assignments is preferred;
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with clients and subcontractor representatives in close collaboration with supervisor;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation for job site locations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities; and
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.