Environmental Engineer, Geologist or Scientist
|ID: 39605||Location: Irvine, CA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/29/2021|
Langan is seeking an Environmental Engineer, Geologist or Scientist to join its collaborative team in our Irvine or Los Angeles, CA office. This individual will serve a key function in supporting the team with Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), environmental site characterization and remediation work; soil, groundwater, and air sampling; remedial investigation, design, implementation, monitoring and reporting; data management, processing and evaluation; and technical report preparation. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work cross-collaboratively as part of a rapidly-growing team with a strong project pipeline in contaminated site assessment and remediation.
- Perform field inspections and environmental investigations;
- Perform air, soil, gas, groundwater sampling and remediation of contaminated properties;
- Field oversight of remediation activities and subcontractors;
- Assist with the preparation of technical reports, specifications, and plans; data management and evaluation; and environmental assessment and remediation; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering, or Environmental Science; Master’s degree a plus;
- 5 to 8 years of experience with environmental investigations, remediation, project management and reporting;
- Strong technical writing skills and experience in preparing Phase I and II ESA reports;
- Field experience related to groundwater, soil, soil gas, and indoor air sampling as well as drilling is desired;
- Demonstrated ability to organize, implement field work, and provide initial field training to new team members;
- Knowledge of state Voluntary Remediation Programs and federal RCRA and CERCLA regulations;
- Prior experience supervising or coordinating work for staff, interns, and others who assist with specific assignments is preferred;
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with clients and subcontractor representatives in close collaboration with supervisor;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation for job site locations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities; and
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment.