Health & Safety
Langan is committed to providing a healthy and safe work environment for our employees, clients, contractors, and communities by striving to achieve our number one goal: to be SAFE (Stay Accident Free Everyday).
Langan’s firm-wide effort goes beyond compliance with applicable federal and state occupational health and safety laws. We have also implemented policies, procedures, operations, and technologies that increase awareness and achievement of our goal.
LANGAN’S HEALTH & SAFETY (H&S) POLICY
We strive to prevent work-related injuries to our employees through a program that provides effective health and safety training; eliminates injuries and incidents through hazard identification, risk assessment, and the use of site specific health and safety plans; and reinforces that working safely is a condition of employment.
Key H&S Policy Commitments
COVID-19 TASK FORCE & PROTOCOL
In early March 2020, Langan established a Coronavirus (CV) Task Force to develop and amend H&S policies to address COVID-19 prevention measures. The CV Task Force proactively transitioned our entire workforce to work from home and developed protocols to conduct work safely in the field during the early stages of the pandemic. Additional COVID-19 prevention measures developed by the CV Task Force include:
- Establishment of the Return to Office Task Force to help create safe work environments while working in the field and at the office
- Daily health screenings for field and office employees
- Reduced office occupancy and new office seating restrictions
- Reporting procedures and work restrictions for employees with positive COVID-19 tests, symptoms, and/or exposure
- Approval procedures for domestic and international travel
- Guidance on vehicle sharing, mass transit usage, and business-related office events