Senior Environmental Project Manager
|ID: 34143||Location: Cleveland, OH|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/27/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan has an opening for a Senior Environmental Project Manager – 8+ Years Experience with a technical background as a Geologist, Hydrogeologist, Engineer or Environmental Scientist in our Cleveland, OH office. The successful candidate will have substantial experience selling, managing and performing environmental site remediation and brownfield redevelopment projects in Ohio. A strong technical background, ability to think strategically, in-depth knowledge of regulations governing site remediation projects, and the ability to interpret and apply the regulations are essential. Strong communication and writing skills and proven leadership ability to function as a seller/doer are also required. Prior remediation experience on challenging, multi-disciplinary brownfield redevelopment projects is an added value. As a part of the Langan team, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing clients, recruiting and training staff, managing projects (including proposals, cost estimates, schedules, budgets, invoicing, etc.), guiding and reviewing the work of staff, performing environmental due diligence assessments, preparing work plans and reports, ensuring quality, and interacting with clients and senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering/Science or related; Master’s degree preferred;
- At least 8 years of related Ohio experience with environmental investigations and remediation projects;
- Professional licensure, including as a minimum a Certified Professional (CP) under the Voluntary Action Program (VAP);
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Ohio EPA, CERCLA, and RCRA regulations;
- Ability to manage and communicate effectively with staff, contractors, clients, and managers;
- Ability to identify opportunities and develop new clients;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment, and problem-solving capabilities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and related environmental software; AutoCAD and/or GIS a plus;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification and a commitment to safety;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation; and
- Availability to work overtime.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.