Civil Engineer/Land Development
|ID: 34441||Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL|
|Discipline: Site/Civil||Posted Date: 12/27/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan has an opening for a Site/Civil Engineer – 5+ Years Experience in our Fort Lauderdale, FL office. The successful candidate ideally will have 5+ years of related site/civil land development engineering design experience. The successful new hire will assist with designing commercial, mixed-use, and industrial properties located in the U.S. and internationally. Individuals must possess an energetic and professional demeanor as well as strong technical and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required;
- Ideally will possess 5+ years of related site/civil land development experience;
- Professional Engineer licensure preferred;
- Knowledge of local city, county and state land use processes and regulations strongly desired;
- Proficiency in technical skills with the ability to design and oversee stormwater management, hydraulics, hydrological analysis, grading and other site development related designs;
- Demonstrated AutoCAD (required) or Civil 3D (preferred) skills with the ability to design site layouts concept through completion;
- Ability to interact well with coworkers, clients, and regulatory agencies;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience in report and proposal writing is desired;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Possess reliable transportation to access job sites and/or client meetings and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and,
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.