Senior Traffic/Transportation Project Manager/Engineer
|Discipline: Traffic||Posted Date: 12/28/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Senior Traffic Project Manager/Engineer to join its collaborative team in Boston, MA. This individual will serve a key function in supporting and growing a traffic/transportation practice dedicated to serving private sector developers, corporations, and institutional clients on their real estate development projects. In this role, you will be responsible for managing as well as working on traffic & parking studies, transportation planning studies, and traffic signal/roadway design projects.
- Coordinates and performs the planning and permitting of traffic/transportation engineering, land development and infrastructure projects;
- Manages and delivers on multiple projects and tasks within specific budgets, schedules, and deadlines. Prepares progress reports and draft change orders. Prepares draft invoices, project billings, and assists in payment collections;
- Coordinates and works with staff to determine the feasibility of projects based on the analysis of preliminary data, and to prepare and modify reports, specifications, plans, and design for projects;
- Effectively organizes, writes and edits draft proposals, reports and other documents;
- Participates in the identification and pursuit of new clients, learns to develop additional work within an existing project and attends business development meetings with new and existing clients;
- Provides direct oversight and management of junior staff for specific project assignments. Coaches, trains, and motivates staff assigned to Traffic/Transportation projects. Participates in interviewing and hiring staff;
- Interfaces effectively, and professionally with clients, contractors, subcontractors, staff, project personnel, supervisors and other office locations/disciplines. Actively participates in internal and external technical presentations and produces written articles for internal and external publications; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Master’s degree in Traffic/Transportation a plus;
- P.E. License;
- 10+ years of Traffic Engineering/Transportation Planning experience in traffic/transportation engineering, traffic impact studies, traffic signal warrants, parking studies, driveway design, and traffic signal design;
- Familiarity with MA state permitting and MassDOT guidelines and protocols for traffic impact analysis and highway design;
- Effective public speaking skills; public testimony experience desirable;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple clients and projects, and to develop and manage project budgets;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation are a plus;
- Ability to coach and assist with the management of staff;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing; Ability to occasionally travel and participate in field work.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.