Senior Survey Manager
|ID: 37181||Location: New York, NY|
|Discipline: Survey/Laser Scanning||Posted Date: 12/28/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking an office-based Senior Survey Manager to join its collaborative team in New York City. This individual will serve a key function in providing services that combine technical knowledge, practical experience, and professional judgment in resolving surveying, mapping, and geospatial challenges. In this role, you will have the opportunity to assist in leading the Survey team. The successful candidate shall share our passion for the challenge of merging the art of science and mapping.
- Lead the development of strategies and approaches for meeting client objectives, planning, implementation, data reduction, and successful completion of multiple projects;
- Prepare project data for field work, schedule field crews, review and process field data, perform adjustments and QA/QC of the raw field data;
- Provide staff training and implementation of new office and field software and technologies;
- Plan, schedule, and develop task and project budgets; prepare progress reports and project billings;
- Interview, supervise, mentor, and motivate staff;
- Maintain existing client relationships as well as participate in business development activities with new and existing clients; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Minimum 8 years surveying experience in both the field and office;
- NY State Survey license or ability to obtain a NY State license;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Carlson software and excellent computer skills;
- Ability to perform complex boundary analysis and maintain quality control of survey deliverables;
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team with various levels and types of management, staff, co-workers, and clients;
- Proven ability to manage multiple staff to meet project deadlines;
- Experience with proposal preparation and job estimates;
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field when necessary;
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional nights and weekends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.