Site/Civil Project Manager or Engineer
|ID: 37407||Location: Los Angeles, CA|
|Discipline: Site/Civil||Posted Date: 12/28/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Site/Civil Project Manager or Engineer to join its collaborative team in Los Angeles, CA. This individual will serve a key function in providing land development engineering experience through site/civil design and efforts that support management of projects, supervision of staff engineers, and interfacing with clients. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work with a dynamic group of engineering professions on a wide variety of challenging projects to continue to fuel Langan’s growth in the Southern California market.
- Effectively design and manage all aspects of land development projects from concept through completion;
- Perform and oversee site design including layout, grading, drainage, infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, etc. from concept through design and permitting and to completion;
- Write and review draft reports, including feasibility studies, stormwater management reports, technical specifications, and utility reports;
- Perform and manage multiple projects and tasks within specific budgets, schedules, and deadlines. Plan, schedule and develop task and project budgets. Prepare progress reports, draft change orders, draft invoices, and project billings; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Master’s degree a plus;
- Possess valid California (CA) Professional Engineer licensure;
- 5+ years of experience in related site/civil land development engineering and permitting in the Southern California area;
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of land development engineering;
- Possess an entrepreneurial and professional demeanor, as well as strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills;
- Strong working knowledge of Civil3D and AutoCAD;
- Ability to perform hydrologic/hydraulic analysis, storm water management design, and related design;
- Desire and ability to seek out new business opportunities and develop additional clients while maintaining project workload;
- Demonstrated ability to work with staff, clients, and regulatory agencies; and
- A collaborative team builder with excellent interpersonal and social skills.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.