|ID: 37805||Location: Dallas, TX|
|Discipline: GIS||Posted Date: 07/22/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a GIS Analyst to join its collaborative Dallas, TX office. This individual will be partnering with clients to provide spatial analysis, report figure generation, database maintenance, software conversions, and general support across internal disciplines, and will provide GIS support and technical expertise to internal and external clients. They will also support external business development endeavors through technical excellence, practical experience, and client responsiveness.
- Perform data retrieval, conversion, migration, storage, analysis, and dissemination projects and tasks;
- Run complex spatial analysis on project specific data to provide a clearer picture for the project team to draw conclusions;
- Design and maintain project GIS database(s) to keep all project specific data organized and cataloged;
- Assist project teams with guidance and recommendations on best practices, procedures, and delivery applications for creating project deliverables;
- Perform QA/QC of project related data, maps, applications, and reports;
- Create, manage, and train clients on web mapping applications;
- Provide high quality deliverables on time, on budget, and in scope by supporting and prioritizing multiple concurrent clients and GIS projects;
- Assist other work groups across multiple offices and disciplines;
- Collaborate with GIS team members on project tasks and assignments;
- Develop GIS standards and processes to enhance efficiencies including the use of mobile data collection methods;
- Conduct software maintenance and troubleshooting;
- Attend client and team meetings with project personnel;
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to customer service and responsiveness to client needs;
- Partner with clients and project staff to determine their GIS needs and makes software recommendations to suit the needs of the projects;
- Support the development and presentation of in-house and external GIS training programs;
- Support senior project personnel’s pursuit of external GIS Business Development opportunities and proposal creation;
- Responsible for training junior team members on best practices; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, Planning, Computer Science, or related field;
- 2+ years of work related experience in the GIS or related field;
- Demonstrated experience working with ArcGIS 10.x or higher including desktop extensions (Spatial Analyst, 3d Analyst, etc.);
- Understanding of ArcGIS for Server and web services. Ability to create mobile and web applications with ArcGIS Online;
- Strong understanding of cartographic principles, spatial data concepts, projection systems, data management, digital map production, hard copy presentations, and quality assurance/quality control;
- Ability to analyze and interpret data from many sources, including field data and online data sources. Ability to effectively collect, process, and evaluate GIS and GPS data;
- Ability to create high-quality cartographic products suitable for client deliverables;
- Experience with UAS/drone technology and data capture practices;
- Knowledge of Esri Geodatabase design structure and management, including the manipulation of tabular data in GIS, summarizing, joining, and linking related data;
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information to a non-technical audience;
- Demonstrated capacity to learn new technologies, and a strong understanding of accuracy requirements;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Access;
- Ability to multi-task effectively. Proven organization and problem solving skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with co-workers and clients, and to guide junior staff on project strategy and execution;
- Ability to travel to various offices and meet with project teams or clients; and
- Ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.