|ID: 37809||Location: White Plains, NY|
|Discipline: Administration||Posted Date: 07/28/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join its collaborative team in White Plains, NY. We are looking for an articulate individual with initiative and flexibility who possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills. This individual will serve a key function in providing administrative support to the entire office. In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide support to staff and leadership in a fast-paced office.
- Provide administrative support with filing, photocopying, scanning and faxing; sorting, reviewing and distributing incoming and outgoing mail; composing timely responses to a variety of written inquiries and distributing mailings; downloading, editing and filing digital media;
- Compose, type, format, download and edit plans, specs, reports, memorandums and correspondence; collate, bind and staple reports and other duplicated material;
- Establish, update and maintain corporate contact lists, Outlook contacts, files, databases, records and other documents. Keep current and verify all contact information in the Client Contact Management (“CCM”) system;
- Maintain individual, project and/or group calendar and assist office management in staying updated on daily priorities as assigned;
- Create, edit and/or format PowerPoint presentations, technical reports and proposals;
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, events, interviews, annual performance review meetings, and appointments;
- Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings, and attends events when requested;
- Assist with timely submission of employee timesheets and expense reports; assist with obtaining approvals. Prepare cover letters for invoices. Electronically submit timesheets for field staff;
- Prepare packages to be shipped and deliver packages to on-site Fed Ex drop-off locations if necessary;
- Open job codes and project numbers in accordance with the firm’s procedures and policies;
- Acts as back-up for office services, IT, Marketing and HR to provide coverage when needed;
- Answer, screen and route calls, retrieve and distribute phone messages from voice mailbox and assist callers with inquiries; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- High School Degree or Equivalent Required; Bachelor’s degree a plus;
- Minimum 2 years Administrative Assistant experience;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities; and
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.